The Director of Finance will oversee all financial operations of the organization. The position reports to the Executive Director. The Director of Finance will lead and manage all areas of finance, business planning, and budgeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget preparation, financial reporting, record keeping, payroll, accounts receivable/payable, financial planning and financial controls.
- Analyze and present financial reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes to ensure an appropriate level of financial control.
- Reconciliation of Revenue within QuickBooks, donor database, and cash accounts.
- Process payroll checks, A/P Checks, reconcile bank accounts.
- Track and adjust depreciation of organizations assets.
- Assist in preparing the 990 and 990-T
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Non-Profit accounting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interacts in a professional manner
- Maintains confidentiality and security
Education and Experience
- Government or non-profit accounting experience.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years related finance experience.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: 60 to 75K
- Option to participate in a 403(b) savings/retirement plan
- Dental and Vision Discount Plan
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Interested applicants, please submit a resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org