Retail Services Associate – Part Time Position?
We are seeking experienced candidates for dedicated retail sales staff. It is an exciting time to join the museum team, as the Museum is undergoing a full renovation of its exhibits.
Retail Sales Associates represent the Museum as front-line staff, setting a warm and welcoming tone for guests to enjoy a wonderful and inspiring experience. Associates are responsible for selling admissions and memberships. Associates assist the shop manager in daily operations and administrative tasks, including: receiving shipments, visual merchandising & display, inventory, data entry, and other tasks as deemed appropriate.
Core Job Duties:
• Always maintain a positive environment and responsible for welcoming guests, offer exceptional customer service, and sell museum-related merchandise.
• Be knowledgeable of museum departments, programs and events; exhibit good phone etiquette.
• Be knowledgeable of shop merchandise and availability, features, and benefits.
• Comfortably interact with visitors and gather feedback on their experience.
• Process all sales: store, email, phone & online orders including shipping, without supervision. • Positively & proactively responds to all customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a minimum of direction. • Take initiative to reset merchandise and displays during slower moments. • Balance the daily cash registers and reconcile receipts.
• This position reports to the Retail Manager & Buyer.
• Two years minimum experience in a retail setting with a solid knowledge of retail sales, merchandising.
• Working knowledge of computerized POS registers for sales & inventory management.
• Ideal candidates will strongly demonstrate these qualities: enthusiasm, initiative, patience, stress tolerance, adaptability, persuasiveness, and integrity.
• Proficiency with Windows based software and iPad devices, a must.
• Plus for experience with Inventory, shipping, order fulfillment. • Plus for creative experience in visual merchandising and display.
• This is a part-time position; hours range from 15-30 hours week, depending on seasonality.
• Core hours 9:30-5:30pm, Tuesdays through Saturdays and 11:30am-5:30pm on Sundays.
• Weekend shifts are required. Must be willing to work most holidays and occasional evenings as required. The Museum closes 4 days each year: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
• Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, climbing.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to move, operate and climb a 5ft ladder unassisted.
Submit resume with 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.