Assistant Facilities Manager?
Description: Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for the overall maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment for the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. Performs all phases of maintenance to include minor repairs of building, equipment, plumbing, electrical, daily janitorial cleaning of facilities. Operates Audio/Visual equipment including projectors, interactive exhibits, servers and sound equipment and performs basic A/V troubleshooting. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Enforce applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 3 + years maintenance experience with at least 1 year of recent supervisor experience.
- Experience working with the general public and volunteers
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication, time management and organization skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Support the Facilities Manager in the operation of the maintenance department
- Monitor operation and proper use of all equipment and systems
- Monitor the use and inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment
- Ensure that Facilities Associates and custodian staff are adequately trained, equipped and engaged
- Delegate and follow-up on the completion of tasks
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are meet
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques and minor repairs of facilities and equipment
- Knowledge of general custodial work and housekeeping
- Knowledge of construction techniques
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Skill in using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Skill in building trades
- Skill providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with co-works and work-related contacts
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to perform manual labor including, lifting supplies and material up to 50 lbs.
- A high level of self-awareness, receptivity to change and integrity
- Ability to stoop and bend
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time including maneuvering up and down ladders and stairs
- Required to perform work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions
- Required to work 40 hours per week
- Status: Exempt
- Work Schedule Wednesday- Saturday 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sunday 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Required to work evening hours, as needed for scheduled special events
- Required to respond to emergencies and on-call situations
- Required to perform work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions
- Must conform to NCM dress and grooming standards, work rules and safety procedures
- The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame conducts background checks
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Facilities Manager Gabe Schooley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame is a 33,000 square foot facility located in the cultural district of Fort Worth. The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame honors and celebrates women, past and present, whose lives exemplify the courage, resilience, and independence that helped shape the American West, and fosters an appreciation of the ideals and spirit of self-reliance they inspire. Visit www.cowgirl.net and our Facebook page to learn more about the Museum.
Visitor Experience Team Associate – Part Time Position?
The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame is seeking enthusiastic candidates to join our team in a newly formed position in retail services and visitor experiences.
We’re looking for someone with the perfect mix of retail sales and guest service experience to represent the Museum as front-line staff, setting a warm and welcoming tone for guests to enjoy a wonderful and inspiring experience. This position will cross-train to work in multiple front-line guest service areas including admission service desk, retail services, exhibit gallery attendant and special events.
Retail Service involves selling admissions, memberships and merchandise. Associates assist the shop manager in daily operations and administrative tasks, including: receiving shipments, visual merchandising & display, inventory, data entry, and other tasks as deemed appropriate.
Retail Services Core Job Duties
- Always maintain a positive environment and responsible for welcoming guests, offer exceptional customer service, and sell museum-related merchandise.
- Be knowledgeable of museum departments, programs and events; exhibit good phone etiquette.
- Be knowledgeable of shop merchandise and availability, features, and benefits.
- Comfortably interact with visitors and gather feedback on their experience.
- Process all sales: store, email, phone & online orders including shipping, without supervision.
- Positively & proactively responds to all customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a minimum of direction.
- Take initiative to reset merchandise and displays during slower moments.
- Balance the daily cash registers and reconcile receipts.
Retail Services General Qualifications
- This position reports to the Retail Manager & Buyer.
- Two years’ minimum experience in a retail setting with a solid knowledge of retail sales, merchandising.
- Working knowledge of computerized POS registers for sales & inventory management.
- Ideal candidates will strongly demonstrate these qualities: enthusiasm, initiative, patience, stress tolerance, adaptability, persuasiveness, and integrity.
- Proficiency with Windows based software and iPad devices, a must.
- Plus for experience with Inventory, shipping, order fulfillment.
- Plus for creative experience in visual merchandising and display.
Exhibit Gallery Attendant Core Job Duties
- Interact with visitors at many points during their visit, including as they enter and exit the museum and its exhibits
- Assist visitors with way finding and information about our exhibits, current and upcoming programs, and directions within the museum and Cultural District.
- Proactively seek out guests and initiate conversations to provide exceptional guest experience.
- Explains museum etiquette to families and children and provides them with age-appropriate museum activities.
- Enforces basic good museum behavior: no food or drink, no touching artifacts, etc.
- Professionally represent the museum and its mission to guests
- Familiar and comfortable with technology and can assist guests with interactive exhibits in the galleries
- Be available to assist docents and volunteers with difficult guests
- Be familiar with the temporary exhibits
- Support full time staff through opening and closing of the exhibit galleries and offices, safety and emergency procedures, programming, and special events.
- Available to assist docents and volunteers with crowd size, large tours, large school tours
- Recognizes and is familiar with security issues and notifies appropriate museum personnel in timely manner if issues arise.
- This is a part-time position; hours range from 15-30 hours’ week, depending on seasonality.
- Core hours 9:30-5:30pm, Tuesdays through Saturdays and 11:30am-5:30pm on Sundays.
- Weekend shifts are required. Must be willing to work most holidays and occasional evenings as required. The Museum closes 4 days each year: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to be on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to move, operate and climb a 5ft ladder unassisted.
It is an exciting time to join the museum team, as the Museum has recently completed major renovations and installed new exhibits.
Submit resume with 3 references via email to email@example.com.